Ajay Devgan Age, Biography, Height, Height In Feet, Wife, Girlfriend, Family & More
Actor , Director , Producer
02 April 1969 (age52)Mumbai, Maharashtra
1969 – Today
Tanhaji of Bollywood
Ajay Devgn is an Indian actor, film director and producer that is the definition of Machismo. From the moment he showed up on the screen with him standing on two bikes, he immediately drove into the hearts of Indian audiences. He’s tall, dark and dashing with a screen presence and conviction that makes you believe in every word he says. Devgn has acted in almost every genre, whether a comedy, romance, action, or drama. He marries style with substance in an effortless blend.
His fan following is massive, and it doesn’t matter who you are; he appeals to everyone. Kids love him for his most popular role as Singham, and ‘Aata majhi satakli’ became a famous catchphrase all across the country.
Men love him for his edgy movie choices, whether Company, Omkara, Gangaajal or Yuva.
Women love the more romantic movies he’s done in the past, like Pyaar Toh Hona Hi Tha and Ishq.
Ajay Devgn has been in this industry for more than 30 years and has done more than 100 films. His Singham roar in Bollywood is louder than ever and continues to be the most bankable star.
One Person Army
Bollywood is a fraternity that likes to stay together always, and there is a lot of insider politics involved. He’s someone who thinks straight from the heart and doesn’t involve himself in this kind of mindset. This is why he stopped going into award functions and largely stays away from the limelight. Devgn always seems a little bit disconnected from the core group, but that hasn’t stopped his ambitions at all.
He started his production company called Ajay Devgn Films which has released blockbuster after blockbusters by giving new directors and actors opportunities. Tanhaji was released before the pandemic hit, and it was a big success. During the pandemic, he’s been at the forefront of streaming services by releasing films and shows on digital platforms.
He’s even branched out in South India, making his debut in Telugu movies working with S.S. Rajamouli of Baahubali fame. He is a living example that one can make it by sheer hard work and talent; you don’t have to sell your soul for it.
Dostana with Rohit Shetty
Ajay Devgn and Rohit Shetty are both mega hit machines that cannot be separated from each other.
The last time an actor-director duo was this successful was when Govinda and David Dhawan ruled Bollywood in the 90s. Devgn and Rohit Shetty have hit off with each other because they come from the same background. Their love of massy cinema shows in the Golmaal, Singham franchise and it’s only growing with Simmba’s aaya police energy.
They both like to try out every genre in the book, whether comedy, action or drama. They both enjoy doing Daredevil stunts and doing dialogue baazi which causes thunderous applause in the theaters.
The Unique Acting Style of Ajay Devgn
To be a mainstream Bollywood actor, frequently, they tend to overreact and perform everything out loud to express emotions. Devgn uses silences to tell the audience what the character is feeling, and he lets his eyes tell the story. This is why he blends in nicely with emotional or grey roles that require the audience to feel the emotions.
In Drishyam, for example, it is a thriller where a family is in turmoil due to an unfortunate accident. The family is wrong, but also, at the same time, you have to feel some sympathy for them. One must believe that this incident weighs on Ajay’s character, and he pulls it off effortlessly.
His partnership with Prakash Jha has explored the idea of a man being torn apart in a failing system. In Gangaajal, Ajay effortlessly manages to channel the angst of an honest cop with his stern intensity and strong presence.
He’s incredibly good at pulling the audience in, but he can be as loud as possible if required. His range and acting style are whatever the director and movie require, which is why he is so versatile.
Ajay Devgn is a man of integrity and honour. He is true to his art and doesn’t like politics. He is hardworking, courageous and kind to new, upcoming artists. Undoubtedly, he is the Tanhaji of Bollywood and lives by his own rules.
|Name||Vishal Veeru Devgan|
|Physical StatsHeightWeight||178 cm80 kg|
|Body MeasurementChestWaistBiceps||43 Inches34 Inches15 Inches|
|Career Debut||Film: (as a child actor) Pyari Behna (1985)|
Film: Phool Aur Kaante (1991)
TV: Rock-N-Roll Family (2008, as a judge)
Early Life And Education
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|School||Silver Beach High School, Mumbai|
|College||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Address||5/6, Sheetal Apartments, Ground Floor, Opposite Chandan Cinema, Juhu, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Sketching, Trekking, Cooking|
Relationships & More
|Marriage Date||First Wife: 24-02-1999|
|Marriage Location||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Boyfriends/Girlfriends||Raveena Tandon (Actress)|
Karisma Kapoor (Actress)
|Wife/Spouse||Wife: Kajol (actress; 1999-present)|
| Veeru Devgan (Stunt Choreographer and Action Film Director)|
Veena Devgan (Film Producer)
|Siblings||Brother(s): Anil Devgan (Director)|
Sister(s): Neelam Devgan
|Food||Bengali, Roast Chicken, Fish Curry and Rice, Continental Cuisines, Chinese Bang-Bang Chicken|
|Actor||Al Pacino, Jack Nicholson, Anthony Hopkins|
|Hollywood||The Others and The Sixth Sense|
|Songs||Tune Mujhe Pehchana Nahin|
|Holiday Destination||London, San Francisco, Goa|
|Restaurants||Mainland China in Mumbai|
|Car Collection||SUV Rolls Royce Cullinan|
Mercedes Z Class
|Bike Collection||Not known|
|Salary (approx)||$3.36 million (INR 25 crore/film)|
|Net Worth (approx)||$30.52 million (INR 227 crore)|
- Gangubai Kathiawadi (2022)
- Karim Lala
- Bhuj: The Pride of India (2021)
- Squadron Leader Vijay Karnik
- Sooryavanshi (2021)
- DCP Bajirao Singham
- Tanhaji (2020)
- Tanaji Malusare
- De De Pyaar De (2019)
- Ashish Mehra
- Total Dhamaal (2019)
- Guddu Rastogi
- Raid (2018)
- Amay Patnaik
- Simmba (2018)
- DCP Bajirao Singham
- Baadshaho (2017)
- Bhavani Singh
- Golmaal Again (2017)
- Guest iin London (2017)
- Ajay Gandotra
- Fitoor (2016)
- Shivaay (2016)
- Action Jackson (2014)
- Vishy / Jai
- Drishyam (2014)
- Vijay Salgaonkar
- Singham Returns (2014)
- DCP Bajirao Singham
- Himmatwala (2013)
- Satyagraha (2013)
- Manav Raghvendra
- Bol Bachchan (2012)
- Prithviraj Raghuvanshi
- Son of Sardaar (2012)
- Tezz (2012)
- Aakash Rana
- Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji (2011)
- Naren Ahuja
- Rascals (2011)
- Ready (2011)
- Singham (2011)
- Bajirao Singham
Ajay Devgan Gallery
Top 5 Controversies of Ajay Devgn
1) In the 90s, there were stories about the fight between Raveena Tandon and Karisma Kapoor over him, as he was dating Raveena before Karisma. Following the break-up, Raveena revealed the stories of Ajay’s betrayal.
2) Ajay’s break up with Karisma: Karisma, the vulnerable and docile person suffered the biggest blow of her life when she had to face a bitter truth: the truth of Ajay being head over heels in love with his favourite co-star Kajol.
3) The Copyright Controversy: In 2009, Karan Ramsay (Producer) filed a copyright infringement case against him over the script of the film All The Best. After the legal battle, the case went in favour of Ramsay, but Ajay’s production house claimed that their film was an official remake of an English comedy play, Right Bed Wrong Husband.
4) Before the Diwali release of his film Son of Sardaar and Yash Chopra’s Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Ajay filed a legal complaint against Yashraj Films claiming that they had manipulated distributors and exhibitors in getting more screens for their film.
5) After the trailer release of Karan Joha’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and Ajay Devgn’s Shivaay, gave a biased reviews in favor of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. Following it, Ajay claimed that Karan Johar paid KRK for the trailer reviews.
Did You Know?
1) At the age of 9, he started driving, as his father was stunt choreographer and allowed him to drive on sets.
2) Ajay was the first choice for the film Karan Arjun, which later went to Salman Khan. He was also asked to star in Darr, but due to some reasons he rejected and Shah Rukh Khan got the role.
3) Ajay’s costumes in the movie “Rascals” were designed by about 60 international designers.
4) He was the first Bollywood actor to own a private jet to use it as transport to his shooting locations and promotions.
5) Though he looks a bit serious and introvert in interviews and amongst media, but in reality, he is a prankster.
6) For his film Action Jackson, he lost around 17 kgs of weight to perform action sequences, especially the sword-fighting ones.
Filmfare Awards1992:Best Male Debut for Phool Aur Kaante
2003:Best Actor (Critics) for The Legend of Bhagat Singh and Company
2003: Best Performance in a Negative Role for Deewangee
National Film Awards1998:Best Actor for Zakhm
2002:Best Actor for The Legend of Bhagat Singh
Government Of India Award2016:Honoured by the Government of India with the Padma Shri
- ajay devgan sudeep
- ajay devgan age
- ajay devgan hindi
- ajay devgan wife
- ajay devgan net worth
- ajay devgan father
- ajay devgan daughter
- ajay devgan family